bloggers do it better-- high waisted skinnies

Wednesday, July 10, 2013



Jeans: gifted via American Eagle (here), Shirt: Madewell (old, similar here), Shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target (no longer available, similar here), Bag: J. Crew (here), Sunglasses: RayBan, Necklace: J. Crew Factory, Bracelets: J. Crew, Anthro, David Yurman, & Sarah Chloe, Match: Michael Kors









I am SO excited to have teamed up with American Eagle and three other lovely ladies to style their new hi-rise jeggings! I will admit, I normally only steer towards jeggings when I am looking to wear a pair of boots over my jeans. There is just something about the skin tight fabric all the way down to my ankles that makes me slightly uncomfortable, but all of that has changed thanks to these bad boys from AE! The fit of these jeans is perfection. The higher waist and the wash are so flattering, and the fabric allows just the right amount of stretch; they will definitely become a staple in my closet. For today's collaboration I decided to pair a looser fitting silk tee to complement the skinny leg. When styling a pair of jeans like this volume is key, because they are so form fitting you want to keep everything up top on the looser side. I cannot wait to pair them with a flowy crop top to beat the summer heat or chunky sweater come fall!

Check out how the other ladies styled theirs:
 Jessica My Style Vita | Julie Julie Leah | Jessica Here & Now 

Dress Accordingly, 
xox
Shelby 

Shop this look:

4 comments:

  1. The pops of neon are really fun, adore that top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE love love this look! Those jeans are fabulous on you, and what a cute top :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these jeans and I can't believe they're from AE! I need them! I'm also completely obsessed with the pops of yellow you have in this outfit.

    Mana
    Fashion and Happy Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm definitely copying this look! LOVE!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete